Subject: Re: Modeling Cowboy Boots
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 18:10:17 PDT

>A much easier method to model cowboy boots than a series of 2D slices and
>SKIN as described below, is to use the program Free Form.  For under $60 you
>can model totally in splines and create just this kind of object where it
>starts off in a particular shape and then ends up in a totally different
>shape.  It is great!
>
>BTW, I'm not associated with Furi (the programmer), I'm just a fan.

How well does this program work now?  I downloaded a demo a while ago and
found that it crashed a lot on my system.  I liked the idea, and it had a
really nice interface.  However, it seemed to have a LOT of bugs in it.

If he has it pretty stable, I'd love to see a new demo version.

Paul

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Paul C. Griswold            (305)279-5435      35mm Film Production      |
| Director                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^      Avid Media Composer 8000  |
| FilmSmith International Inc.------------------>4 Emmy Awards             |
|   Music Videos, Commercial Film, 3D Animation, Still Frame Animation     |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+